Are you looking for an Alternative London Wedding Photographer?
Are you planning a wedding in London or one of the surrounding areas? Then allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tom Aizenberg and I pride myself on being an alternative London wedding photographer.
In the world of wedding photography, it’s so easy to get swept up in getting the standard pictures, that it’s easy to forget that it’s possible – even desirable – to do something a bit different. Every wedding and every couple are unique, and these days, a lot of people don’t want their weddings to conform to tradition too closely, and they want photography that reflects that.
While I will still take some of the more expected photos that all couples want, as well as documenting the day itself, my goal is to tell your epic story – in a way that stays true to you, but also shows your unique self in all its glory. It’s an iconic day in. your life, so why not have photography that reflects that?
Looking for a Creative London Wedding Photographer?
Looking for a creative wedding photographer can be a bit overwhelming. You don’t want just any London alternative wedding photographer to be in charge of taking the photos of your big day, you want a photographer who will allow you to immerse yourself in your wedding, and let the day flow.
If that sounds like you, then humbly, I think that I’m the wedding photographer for you! Making awesome pictures at weddings is my obsession, and, whether it’s a beautiful natural moment of you hugging your gran or an epic sunset portrait in a field, I want to be there for it! I don’t intrude, intervene, or get in the way. You’ll have your perfect and unique wedding your way, and get great photos to show for it!
London As a Wedding Destination.
- The Asylum Chapel, Peckham. Probably the iconic alternative London wedding venue. If you’d like to see a wedding I’ve worked on at The Asylum, then click here. You can find The Asylum here: Caroline Gardens, Asylum Road, London, SE15 2SQ.
- MC Motors, Dalston. MC Motors has to be seen to be believed – one of the most characterful venues you could choose for your wedding, and has a great flow, as a space. MC Motors’ address is: 28 Miller’s Ave, London E8 2DS.
- Wilton’s Music Hall, Whitechapel. An actual, still functional music hall with heritage to die for, as well as a unique vibe and atmosphere that is sure to give your day the unique sense of occasion it deserves! Wilton’s is between Wapping and Whitechapel: 1 Graces Alley, London E1 8JB.
- The Barbican Centre, The City. Brutalist architecture is finally undergoing a long overdue reappraisal, and The Barbican Centre is probably the quintessential brutalist building. I’m a big fan of it and think it makes a stunning and cinematic setting for a wedding with its own identity. The Barbican’s address? Silk St, Barbican, London EC2Y 8DS.
- Sunbeam Studios, Kensington. A beautiful space that is drenched in touches that scream ‘old world glamour’ and yet, if you check out the weddings that people have had there, there’s remarkable scope to transform the space and make it your own. In summer, the light is insanely plentiful – it’s clear where it gets its name! Sunbeam Studios is located here: Ladbroke Hall, 79 Barlby Rd, London W10 6AZ.
What Is London Alternative Wedding Photography?
Well, I guess this is the big question isn’t it? I firmly believe that being alternative isn’t necessarily colourful dyed hair, or visible tattoos (although it can absolutely be that). It’s more of a state of mind. It means doing things your own way, not allowing things that don’t fit with your values, or who you are. It means marching to the beat of your own drum, and not letting someone else spoil your rhythm. I try to bring these values to my photography.
It’s no coincidence that a lot of weddings with alternative or unique vibes end up happening here in the capital. It’s why I always describe myself as an alternative London wedding photographer – when I work with clients who approach their weddings this way, I feel like I’ve found my tribe.
The bottom line? London alternative wedding photography is allowing you to be your best self, and using photography to supercharge your memories of the day, so that they mean more, but also have a unique and creative feel. It’s about capturing the moments that matter with heart and soul, but not settling for bland, or forcing your day into a conventional box.
Take a walk on the wild side, and book a London alternative wedding photographer to capture your special day.
I hope you like my work, and I love working on weddings (dream job), so I can’t wait to hear more about your plans, and get to know you a little bit as a couple. I offer free engagement shoots on all my main packages, because connecting with you, and getting to know the real you is important to me.
On your wedding day, I’m always looking for a mix of things, whether it’s the key, iconic moments that we all think of when we think of a wedding day, or the less conventional small moments, or the in-between, unseen moments, I love it all. It’s also why I am a big fan of making the time to do some portraits together – it’s a great way to step away, and make something cool together, that can help to add to your memories of the day, and capture you in your best moment.